CON 120 Mission Focused Contracting — a resident, level 1 Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAIWA) and Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) contracting capstone course — will continue to be honored for credit by the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Federal Acquisition Institute through FY 2012.
In a March 25, 2011 DoD memorandum, the Procurement and Acquisition Policy Director notified the acquisition workforce of changes to the Contracting Curriculum and DAWIA certification standards, effective October 1, 2011. The memo outlines changes to existing course assets and development of new learning assets. Additionally, the transition plan provides information for the workforce and DACMs to facilitate a smooth transition to the new certification standards. The memo is located in its entirety in the Workforce Policy section of our website here.
Historically, CON 120 has been viewed as the most comprehensive of DAU’s course offerings because the two-week course covers the entire federal acquisition process from defining procurement requirements through contract close-out.
5 Reasons Why You Should Take CON 120 at Georgia Tech
- You learn in an environment with your counterparts from both government agencies and contractors.
- You learn and apply leadership, problem-solving, and negotiation skills in a highly-interactive environment.
- You engage in the entire acquisition process, from meeting with the customer to completing the contract closeout process — and everything in-between — based on completely refreshed course materials exclusively developed by Georgia Tech.
- You apply knowledge and skills gained in previous Level I contracting courses governing supply and service acquisitions while working on an actual integrated project team.
- You are eligible for both Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Georgia Tech and Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) from DAU and FAI.
Bonus: No prerequisite courses are required to attend
Updated course information: This course is now scheduled for Aug. 13-24, 2012. For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-120-mission-focused-contracting.
More Contracting Classes scheduled:
CON 170 – The Fundamentals of Cost and Price Analysis – coming soon!
COR 206 – Contracting Officer’s Representative in a Contingency Environment – coming soon!
COR 222 – Contracting Officer’s Representative – coming soon!
SPECIAL NOTE: In addition to offering open enrollment courses, all courses offered by The Contracting Education Academy (The Academy) are available for on-site instructor-led engagements. Please contact us at info@ContractingAcademy.gatech.edu to learn more.