The fiscal 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, a major piece of legislation affecting many aspects of how the government deals with costs and contracts, contains some noteworthy provisions. Here are the eight most important provisions;
1. Better pricing data.
2. Easier analysis of pricing trends.
3. Faster access to past-performance data.
4. A review of the contractor pay cap.
5. Workforce decisions left to DOD.
6. A limit on cost-type contracts.
7. Critical acquisition jobs reserved for feds.
8. Status quo for small-business contracting goal.
To read details, please see: http://fcw.com/articles/2012/12/19/ndaa-acquisition.aspx.