There are today no fewer than six significant acquisition review/reform efforts underway.
- A major effort being jointly undertaken by the House and Senate Armed Services Committees.
- The Defense Department’s reviews of high-cost/low-value compliance and reporting requirements and soon to be released Better Buying Power 3.0.
- A “bottom-up” acquisition review directed by Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson.
- A continuing effort to develop IT acquisition reform legislation in the Senate
- The recently launched OMB crowdsourcing effort focused on improving acquisition.
Obviously, there will be a lot of overlap even as each (hopefully) seeks to break some new ground. After all, there shouldn’t be much debate about the need to substantially transform the acquisition landscape.
Keep reading this article at: http://washingtontechnology.com/articles/2014/04/29/insights-soloway-reform.aspx