June 11 and 12 were important days for a group of business people from across the state of Missouri.
Those are the dates on which The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech conducted two full days of detailed instruction on how to successfully prepare a proposal to win a GSA Schedule contract. In all, eleven businesses learned the process, representing industry sectors as diverse as custom kitchen equipment, technology products and services, vehicle sales, truck equipment, remediation services, medical supplies, recycling, shoes, and clothing.
The businesses participating in the workshop were joined by a group of nine business counselors from the states of Missouri, Illinois and Ohio. The counselors represented procurement technical assistance centers (PTACs) from each of those states. PTACs provide assistance to businesses seeking advice on how to compete for and win government contracts.
The process to be awarded a GSA Schedule contract begins with a proposal, an arduous task that typically takes several months to prepare. But, now, thanks to Georgia Tech’s workshop, a GSA proposal can be actually completed at the Workshop. If a business is not prepared to submit all the documentation at the time of the Workshop, the GSA proposal preparation process easily can be shortened to within 30 days following the Workshop.
Here’s what participants had to say about the Academy’s recent workshop in St. Louis:
- “I valued the complete fashion in which the course was presented as well as the great materials provided.”
- “I received a wealth of knowledge from a team of experts that have real-world experience.”
- “It was helpful that you shared documents in advance of the workshop. I appreciate the templates and samples.”
- “I got information in 5 minutes that I have been researching for months!”
- “I valued everything — the professionalism of the instructors, the learning environment, and especially the course materials.”
- “The instructor took time with each classmate.”
- “The commercial sales practices information that I received is very valuable as well as the sample commercial price list and the proposal price list template.”
- “The one-in-one instruction and help from the instructors was invaluable.”
- “This training is a far better value than more costly workshops on GSA Schedules.”
- “I received information on marketing to agencies and how to find contracting officers.”
- “You made the process seem simple.”
- “The one-on-one help was great — fantastic teaching, clear answers! I valued the patience of the instructional staff and their friendly and helpful demeanor.”
- “I now have a manual/workbook to refer to.”
- “I got more than I expected, including how the GSA Schedule is beneficial and how to get where we want to go.”
- “I received information about the process as well as examples and templates, and I value the examples, templates and individual instruction.”
- “The presentation was straightforward and calm — it reduced my anxiety about a process that is complex!”
- “I valued the one-on-one assistance and the down-time to actually complete the forms.”
- “I received a lot of how-to’s, what not to do, forms to use, where to find my competition, pricing how-to’s, etc.”
- “Everything about the workshop was valuable — the professionalism of the instructors, the learning environment, and especially the course materials.”
- “Exceptional workshop! Well worth the money!”
The June 11 and 12 workshop was held on St. Louis University’s Florissant Valley campus, and was hosted by the Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers. Future GSA Schedule Workshops are scheduled for:
- July 28-29 – Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus
- Sept. 8-9 – Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus
- Nov. 17-18 – Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus
By attending Georgia Tech’s GSA Schedule Workshop, participants:
- Save time and money with our instructor-guided, do-It-yourself approach.
- Avoid mistakes that can delay or stop your GSA Schedule proposal from being considered.
- Receive expert guidance, valuable instruction, a detailed guidebook, and answers to all of your questions.
- Gain access to templates and sample narratives based on successful GSA Schedule offers.
- Receive up to 4 hours of consulting after the Workshop to review your package and receive further advice.
- Earn 15 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.