A diverse group of business people from two states in the Northwest gathered near Seattle on February 17 and 18, 2015 to receive hands-on assistance in the preparation of GSA Schedule proposals.
The attendees were guided through the process by an instructional and consulting team from The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech who conducted a comprehensive, two-day workshop on how to win a GSA Schedule contract. In all, 17 business people and business counselors learned the process, traveling to the workshop from Montana and all corners of Washington State.
The businesses in attendance sell a wide range of products and services, including construction equipment; building inspection, design and testing services; specialty clothing and gear; analytical and visualization solutions; forensic laboratory services; and technical, professional and administrative support services. The counselors represented procurement technical assistance centers (PTACs) from the Washington PTAC and the Native American PTACs located in Montana and Washington. PTACs provide assistance to businesses seeking advice on how to compete for and win government contracts.
The process to be awarded a GSA Schedule contract begins with a proposal, an arduous task that typically takes several months to prepare. But, now, thanks to Georgia Tech’s workshop, a GSA proposal can be actually completed at the Workshop. If a business is not prepared to submit all the documentation at the time of the Workshop, the GSA proposal preparation process easily can be shortened to within 30 days following the Workshop.
Here’s a sampling of what participants had to say about the Academy’s recent workshop near Seattle:
- “I received exceptional training – I valued the knowledge base of the instructors.”
- “Excellent guidance and information — everything I need to win a Schedule 70.”
- “Straightforward communication, excellent information, templates and guidance to win a GSA Schedule contract.”
- “I expected an in-depth walk-through of the GSA proposal process and I received exactly that!”
- “I value the binder full of information, including the screen shots of internal GSA web pages I’ve never seen before.”
- “I couldn’t imagine how we could make sense of this process in just two days – but I received wisdom! I now know I can do this and not lose my mind!”
- “This workshop was conducted in a highly professional manner. I recommend it!”
- “The samples provided are excellent. I greatly appreciate the eOffer portion of the workshop.”
- “I value the templates I received and the calm presentation – the instructor is a truly amazing, gifted teacher who answered all questions.”
- “I received hands-on one-on-one training, complete with the how-to’s and directions to all the right resources.”
- “Excellent tips and tricks – thank you! I value the hands-on, interactive training.”
- “A fabulous presenter, and the training materials are excellent and will become a dog-eared resource on my desk.”
- “Great instructors, and I get 4 hours of consulting with them after the workshop.”
The February workshop was held on the Green River Community College in Kent, WA, and was hosted by the Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
Future GSA Schedule Workshops are scheduled to be held in Atlanta on the following dates:
- March 9-10, 2015
- May 18-19, 2015
- July 27-28, 2015
- September 21-22, 2015
- November 16-17, 2015
By attending Georgia Tech’s GSA Schedule Workshop, participants:
- Save time and money with our instructor-guided, do-It-yourself approach.
- Avoid mistakes that can delay or stop your GSA Schedule proposal from being considered.
- Receive expert guidance, valuable instruction, a detailed guidebook, and answers to all of your questions.
- Gain access to templates and sample narratives based on successful GSA Schedule offers.
- Receive up to 4 hours of consulting after the Workshop to review your package and receive further advice.
- Earn 15 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.