“Mission Focused Contracting” — a two-week course that is perhaps the most intensive and comprehensive of any of the courses offered by The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech — begins on Mar. 23, 2015. It’s designed to create benefits for both business people as well as agency officials involved in the government contracting process.
- From a business perspective, this course is a boot camp that’s designed to provide insights and details about the government’s entire acquisition process. Business people will leave this course better prepared to submit bids for government work, creating a positive impact on business growth and the bottom line.
- From a government standpoint, this is a course originally developed by the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) — that can be used to satisfy both FAC-C and DAWIA certification requirements — educates contracting officers on the entire acquisition process, from initial meetings with internal customers to completing the contract closeout process — and everything in-between.
All participants have the opportunity to learn and apply problem-solving and negotiation skills in a highly-interactive class setting.
Known as CON 120 – Mission Focused Contracting, this course includes a complete review of DAU’s CON 110, 111 and 112, on-line courses that are normally prerequisites for CON 120. Because a review of CON 110, 111 and 112 is built-in to Georgia Tech’s CON 120 offering, students are not required to complete any prerequisites to attend.
As a part of this course, business and agency personnel learn side-by-side how the government:
- Completes a market research report.
- Develops a bid or proposal package.
- Evaluates proposals and award contracts.
- Monitors contractor performance, apply remedies, and make proper contract payments.
- Modifies contracts, conduct negotiations, exercise options, and complete the contract closeout process.
As a result:
- Businesses discover new growth opportunities and learn how to develop more competitive bid proposals.
- Government contracting officials gain a better understanding of their role as important members of their agency’s acquisition team.
This 10-day course is very reasonably priced at $2,050 and is next offered March 213 through April 3, 2015 in world-class facilities on the Georgia Tech campus in midtown Atlanta. For more information or to register, please visit https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-120-mission-focused-contracting.