The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech is just days away from kicking off a week-long course that comprehensively covers the federal contract administration process. The course begins Monday, April 6 and concludes Friday, April 10, 2015.
Who Should Attend
- Government Contracting Officers will learn not only the rules but the best practices in contract administration. And, this course satisfies required FAC-C and DAWIA certification programs.
- Business officials, including those to aspire to become federal contractors, will learn how to use the power of being an incumbent to win future contracts as well as how to protect contractual interests.
How You Will Benefit
You will learn:
- The fundamental concepts of government contract administration.
- The rights of the parties when contract performance is not timely.
- Both the government’s and the contractor’s rights when contract performance comes into question.
- The policies and procedures for preparing and processing contract modifications.
- How to apply the requirements of applicable contract clauses in various contracting scenarios.
- The applicable payment clauses and invoicing procedures.
- The policies and procedures for filing and processing contract disputes and appeals.
- The policies and procedures pertaining to the complete or partial termination of contracts for the convenience of the government or for default.
- The pertinent Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Contract administration basics
- Contract modifications
- Administration of selected terms and conditions
- Quality assurance
- Payment and cost allowability
- Disputes and appeals
Each student receives a printed Student Guide, exercises, and updated supplemental information.
The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech (The Academy) is an approved equivalency training provider to the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI). Courses satisfy both the FAC-C and the DAWIA certification programs. Courses also provide continuing education unit credits (CEUs) for acquisition and government contracting professionals as well as business professionals working for the government or pursuing opportunities in the federal contracting arena.
More Information and To Register
For more information on this course, please visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-090-4-contract-administration-far