Sixteen business counselors from the Oklahoma Bid Assistance Network (OBAN) recently participated in a two-day workshop on the intricacies of the GSA Schedule process.
OBAN provides marketing and technical assistance to Oklahoma businesses interested in selling products and services to federal, state, local and tribal governments. OBAN’s mission is to create jobs and expand the economy in Oklahoma by providing resources to Oklahoma businesses.
The counselors gathered on March 3 and 4, 2015 on the campus of the Francis Tuttle Technology Center in Oklahoma City to receive advice about how they can guide their business clients through the proposal process to win a GSA Schedule contract. The instruction covered prerequisites to the process, decision-making in the selection of the appropriate Schedule and Special Item Numbers, preparation of the required proposal narratives, financial requirements, negotiations, award, and contract administration.
Consultants from The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech provided templates and engaged Workshop attendees in the actual preparation of a proposal to GSA. OBAN counselors were asked to imagine themselves as real businesses working through the process — actually preparing proposal documentation for GSA’s review.
Here’s what OBAN representatives had to say about the workshop:
- “This was a very thorough overview of the GSA proposal process. I valued the instructors’ knowledge of the subject material and willingness to deviate in order to address all questions.”
- “I valued the presentation, the discussions, and the hands-on training.”
- “Great workshop — the information, the handbook, and the templates.”
- “I received instruction on all the steps in the preparation of a GSA proposal, including templates and writing exercises to help me understand the challenge.”
- “I valued the discussions, practical examples, and the eOffer demonstration.”
- The resource materials will prove to be very valuable as I counsel my clients.”
- “I valued the in-depth conversations resulting from Q&A throughout the workshop, along with the breakdown of the full proposal process.”
- “Valuable templates with coaching in an open Q&A format.”
- “I received an in-depth overview of the proposal response process, along with best practices, possible roadblocks, and resources to help expedite an accurate and complete response.”
- “This was an in-depth workshop that covered the entire GSA proposal process — I valued the knowledge of the instructors and the detail of the workbook we received.”
- “Excellent instruction and insight from very knowledgeable people who have actually successfully submitted proposals to GSA.”
Groups interested in arranging for the GSA Schedule workshop, or other government contracting instruction, to be brought to their community may contact The Contracting Academy at Georgia Tech at 404-894-6109 or info@ContractingAcademy.gatech.edu.