The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech is offering the five-day Defense Acquisition University course, CON 244: Construction Contracting, beginning February 13, 2017.
The course focuses on government contracting issues unique to construction contracting. Topics include: acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, construction contracting in the commercial setting, the Construction Wage Rate Requirements Statute (formerly Davis-Bacon), the design/build strategy, schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, and construction contract quality management.
To register for this course, please visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-244-construction-contracting.
Who Should Attend
Contracting officers, contract specialists, contracting officer representatives, program/project managers, small business specialists, and industry contracting personnel.
How You Will Benefit
Attendees learn how to:
- Apply federal acquisition laws and regulations, Department of Defense and other agency supplemental regulation, and agency policies, procedures, and best practices in soliciting, awarding and administering construction contracts.
- Contrast typical support requirements with a federal Construction Acquisition Plan in accordance with FAR Parts 7 and 36, DFARS Parts 207 and 236, and agency supplements, policies and procedures.
- Develop a construction solicitation package in accordance with FAR, agency supplements, and agency policy/procedures.
- Evaluate, using appropriate procedures, construction offerors and the contract awardee.
- Determine the applicable construction contract administration (compliance) approach, using FAR, DFARS, DoD regulation/guidelines, and other relevant agency supplements, procedures and best practices.
- Formulate the remedy and appropriate clause for a changed construction condition in accordance with federal and DoD acquisition and other agency laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Document appropriate actions necessary to verify and authorize construction progress payments and construction contract closeout.
Plan to join your colleagues in attending this thorough and engaging examination of the federal construction contracting process. Complete registration details are right here.