The Office of Management and Budget and the Department of Commerce released guidance on June 30, 2017 to instruct agencies how to enforce President Trump’s “Buy America” executive order.
The April 18, 2017 executive order required agencies to review and assess free trade agreements with foreign government contractors, closing loopholes in those agreements that might provide a competitive edge over domestic competition.
The guidance outlines statutory exemptions, including:
- Domestic non-availability of procurements.
- Unreasonable cost of domestic procurements.
- The purchase of commercial IT.
- The resale of a procurement.
- If there is a public interest determination.
Keep reading this article at: http://www.federaltimes.com/articles/omb-guidance-for-buy-american-order-calls-for-september-compliance-reports