In order to provide you with a working knowledge of the acquisition planning process for buying educational services, we’ve compiled these resources for you.
This web page was developed for participants in the Department of Defense’s 2018 Voluntary Education Professional Development Institute (VolEd PDI), held in Southbridge, MA, June 6-8, 2018.
This compilation of web resources complements The Contracting Education Academy’s workshop entitled, How the Government Buys Educational Services.
For your convenience, all links listed below are grouped into three major categories:
- It Starts with the FAR
- Acquisition Planning
- Defining Requirements
Please email us at info@ContractingAcademy.gatech.edu if you discover a web link that is broken so that we may update it.
It Starts with the FAR
- FAR Parts and Subchapters
- An Insiders Guide to the FAR
- A Few FAR Facts
- The Basics Provide an Important Orientation to FAR Details
- The FAR on Acquisition Central
- FARSite at Hill AFB
- Glossary of Acquisition Acronyms & Terms
- Acquisition Encyclopedia – Acquisition Plan
- Acquisition Encyclopedia – Services Acquisition
- Defense Acquisition Guidebook, Chapter 10: Acquisition of Services
- DAU Service Acquisition Mall
- Acquisition Requirements Roadmap Tool Suite
- Market Research SD-5 Defense Standardization Program
- Statement of Work – Performance Work Statement – Statement of Objectives
- Nine Steps to a Better Statement of Work
- Tips and Pointers for Preparing a Government Statement of Work
- Appropriate Use of Lowest Priced Technically Acceptable Source Selection Process – DoD – Mar. 04 2015
- DoD Handbook for Preparation of Statement of Work – 1996 – MIL-HDBK-245D
- Checklist for a Statement of Work
- Descriptions of Statement of Work-Performance Work Statement-Statement of Objectives
- Statement of Objectives Information Guide – June 2000
- Writing a Performance Work Statement
- Source Selection Plan Template