The process of hiring a government consultant/contractor isn’t easy, and most federal leaders and managers have to do it at some point in their career. Maybe they can’t get hiring authority to bring in new people. Maybe they need to jump start a new project or program with skills that aren’t available inside their office or agency. It’s a big decision, and many managers, especially those doing it for the first time, are uncertain about how to move forward.
Here are five tips to help make federal leaders more educated buyers:
1. Take some time to think about the problem and put aside the solution for a bit.
2. Talk to a few different trusted companies.
3. Understand procurement vehicles.
4. Pay attention to the evaluation criteria and personnel qualifications.
5. Keep another company in the wings.
See the details associated with each of these five tips and read the complete article at: http://www.govexec.com/excellence/promising-practices/2014/02/5-tips-hiring-federal-contractors/78884