Before the year’s end, you have the opportunity to attend a virtual course at Georgia Tech that comprehensively covers the federal contract administration process.
Who Should Attend
- Government contracting officials will learn not only the rules but the best practices in contract administration. And, this course satisfies required FAC-C and DAWIA certification programs.
- Business people, including those to aspire to become federal contractors, will learn how to use the power of being an incumbent to win future contracts as well as how to protect contractual interests.
How You Will Benefit
You will learn:
- The fundamental concepts of government contract administration.
- The rights of the parties when contract performance is not timely.
- Both the government’s and the contractor’s rights when contract performance comes into question.
- The policies and procedures for preparing and processing contract modifications.
- How to apply the requirements of applicable contract clauses in various contracting scenarios.
- The applicable payment clauses and invoicing procedures.
- The policies and procedures for filing and processing contract disputes and appeals.
- The policies and procedures pertaining to the complete or partial termination of contracts for the convenience of the government or for default.
- All pertinent parts of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Contract administration basics
- Contract modifications
- Administration of selected terms and conditions
- Quality assurance
- Payment and cost allowability
- Disputes and appeals
Each student works with a Student Guide, exercises, updated supplemental information, and exclusive access to web-based student resources.
The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech (The Academy) is an approved equivalency training provider to the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI). Our courses satisfy both the FAC-C and the DAWIA certification programs. The coursework also provides students the opportunity to earn continuing education unit credits (CEUs) for acquisition and government contracting professionals as well as business professionals working for the government or pursuing opportunities in the federal contracting arena.
CON 090-4 is the fourth of four modules in the CON 090 course series entitled Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Fundamentals. The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech offers the entire CON 090 series in four, one-week classes. Each module stands on its own, allowing students multiple opportunities throughout the year to complete the entire CON 090 course. . Because of Georgia Tech’s unique instructional approach, the four modules can be taken in any order.
More Information and To Register
For more information on this course, please visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-090-4-contract-administration-far