Whether you represent government or industry, this is your chance to learn how the Government plans its acquisition of products and services!
- As a member of the government’s acquisition team, don’t you need to learn how to conduct acquisition planning properly?
- As a contractor, wouldn’t you like to gain insights into the government’s contract planning process?
The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech will address these questions, and many more, in a comprehensive five-day class, “Contract Planning in the FAR” (CON 090-2) to be presented February 3 – 7, 2020.
The course will be presented at the world-class Global Learning Center in midtown Atlanta. Registration details are here.
This in-depth course covers all aspects of acquisition planning, including:
- How government agencies conduct market research and rely on businesses to provide information,
- How the government’s buying needs must be described, and
- The government’s preference for commercial and non-developmental items.
This course is the second in a series of four educational modules that examine the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Government’s “procurement bible.” Because of Georgia Tech’s unique instructional approach, the four modules can be taken in any order.
Why Have So Many Contracting Officials Taken This Course?
- For government contracting officials, this course is required to earn and maintain a contracting warrant. A warrant is a written document providing a contracting officer with the limits of his or her authority. Per FAR 1.602-1, Contracting Officers have the authority to “enter into, administer, or terminate contracts and make related determinations and findings” to the extent of the authority delegated to them by their warrant. Georgia Tech’s Contracting Education Academy offers a set of courses — each equivalent to Defense Acquisition University (DAU) course standards — that help each member of the acquisition workforce maintain their warrants and enhance their professional development.
- For business people who compete for and fulfill government contracts, Academy classes are just as pertinent. Contractor personnel who attend Academy courses gain real-world knowledge about how government officials are trained to formulate and administer contracts. Insights into these areas provide invaluable guidance for reaching greater success in competing for, winning, and fulfilling government contract work.
Benefits of attendance include expert instruction, a printed Student Guide to be used back on the job, valuable handouts, and exclusive electronic resources. In addition, a complimentary breakfast is served each morning, along with snacks throughout each day. For groups of 10 or more, Georgia Tech offers discounts.
For details on all of Georgia Tech’s government contracting classes, including the FAR Fundamentals course series, please visit: https://contractingacademy.gatech.edu/training