Bloomberg Government has issued its 2018 Federal Contracting Outlook, which looks at the year ahead for the government contracting marketplace.
This year, government contractors can expect the following trends:
- Information technology modernization fund disbursements through the Modernizing Government Technology (MGT) Act of 2017.
- Expanded use of “Other Transaction Authority” to make purchases.
- Increasing opportunities to provide audit services to federal agencies.
- Growth in the use of “best-in-class” contracts.
- Progress against procurement policy barriers that affect medium-sized companies (mid-tiers).
“This year government contractors have an opportunity to take advantage of key issues facing the federal government that will shape their priorities in 2018, including a focus on innovative acquisition methods, operational efficiencies, and IT modernization, ” said Donald Thomas, vice president and general manager, Government Contracting, at Bloomberg Government. “Federal government contractors should be optimistic with the uptick in spending that the federal government has experienced since 2012 and is expected to continue throughout 2018.”
A copy of the Federal Contracting Outlook is available for complimentary download at https://about.bgov.com/downloads/2018-outlook-five-trends-will-shape-federal-contracting-2018/.