The course — Contract Administration in the FAR — begins Monday, June 24 and concludes Friday, June 28, 2019. Registration details may be found at: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-090-4-contract-administration-far.
Who Should Attend
- Government contracting officials will learn not only the rules but the best practices in contract administration. And, this course satisfies required FAC-C and DAWIA certification programs.
- Business people, including those to aspire to become federal contractors, will learn how to use the power of being an incumbent to win future contracts as well as how to protect contractual interests.
How You Will Benefit
You will learn:
- The fundamental concepts of government contract administration.
- The rights of the parties when contract performance is not timely.
- Both the government’s and the contractor’s rights when contract performance comes into question.
- The policies and procedures for preparing and processing contract modifications.
- How to apply the requirements of applicable contract clauses in various contracting scenarios.
- The applicable payment clauses and invoicing procedures.
- The policies and procedures for filing and processing contract disputes and appeals.
- The policies and procedures pertaining to the complete or partial termination of contracts for the convenience of the government or for default.
- All pertinent parts of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) having to do with contract administration.
- Fundamentals of contract administration
- Contract modifications
- Administration of selected terms and conditions
- Delays and how to handle them
- Quality assurance
- Payment and cost allowability
- Disputes and appeals
- Terminations — for convenience and for default
- Closeout procedures and requirements
Materials, Resources and Amenities
Each student receives a printed Student Guide, exercises, updated supplemental information, and exclusive access to web-based student resources. A complimentary breakfast is provided each morning, along with snacks throughout each day.
The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech (The Academy) is an approved equivalency training provider to the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI). Our courses satisfy both the FAC-C and the DAWIA certification programs. The coursework also provides students the opportunity to earn continuing education unit credits (CEUs) for acquisition and contracting professionals as well as business professionals pursuing contract opportunities in the federal contracting arena.
More Information and To Register
For more information on this course, please visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-090-4-contract-administration-far