The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech is offering the four and a half day Defense Acquisition University course, CON 244: Construction Contracting, beginning February 25, 2019.
The course focuses on government contracting issues unique to the construction field. Topics include: acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, construction contracting in a commercial setting, the Construction Wage Rate Requirements statute (formerly known as the Davis-Bacon Act), the design/build strategy, schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, construction contract quality management, and much more.
To register for this course, please visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-244-construction-contracting.
Who Should Attend
Contracting officers, contract specialists, contracting officer representatives, program/project managers, small business specialists, and industry contracting personnel.
How You Will Benefit
Attendees learn how to:
- Apply federal acquisition laws and regulations, Department of Defense and other agency supplemental regulations, agency policies and procedures, and best practices in soliciting, awarding and administering construction contracts.
- Contrast typical support requirements with a federal Construction Acquisition Plan in accordance with FAR Parts 7 and 36, DFARS Parts 207 and 236, and agency supplements, policies and procedures.
- Develop a construction solicitation package in accordance with the FAR, agency supplements, and agency policy/procedures.
- Evaluate, using appropriate procedures, construction offerors and the contract awardee.
- Determine the applicable construction contract administration (compliance) approach, using the FAR, DFARS, DoD regulation/guidelines, and other relevant agency supplements, procedures and best practices.
- Formulate the remedy and appropriate clause for a changed construction condition in accordance with federal and DoD acquisition and other agency laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Document appropriate actions necessary to verify and authorize construction progress payments and construction contract closeout.
Plan to join your colleagues in attending this thorough and engaging examination of the federal construction contracting process. Complete registration details are right here.
Students successfully completing this 4.5-day course receive 32 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) from the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and 3.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
You’ll learn in a small group setting at Georgia Tech’s world-class Global Learning Center. You’ll receive expert instruction, a printed student guide to be used back on the job, valuable handouts, and exclusive electronic resources. A complimentary breakfast is provided each morning, along with snacks throughout each day.
For more information, cost, and the registration link, go right here: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-244-construction-contracting.