That’s a 7 percent growth rate compared to the previous year. To you — our students, clients, and visitors — we say thank you!
So, what did you read about in 2015?
Listed below are the top 15 most popular news stories, with each one hyper-linked to the original article:
- Federal acquisition thresholds to change Oct. 1, 2015
- Husband and wife admit to military contracting fraud and other schemes
- AT&L chief provides guidance on appropriate use of LPTA source selection
- Contracting Academy conducts national workshops
- Businesses and counselors in Northwest U.S. prepare GSA Schedule proposals
- Multiple companies protest $1.6 billion Pentagon contract
- Who’s the boss in government contracting?
- DoD’s FY16 budget could lead to increased contracting activity
- Companies pay millions to settle alleged false billings on GSA Schedule and DoD contracts
- Contracting Academy offers insights into contract relationship-building at national event
- 18F’s startup-friendly agile BPA hits first hurdle — a protest
- Company excluded from competition protests $5 billion Army IT contract
- Navy commander pleads guilty in huge bribery case
- New GSA tool lets agencies compare contract labor rates
- ‘Fat Leonard’ contracting scandal jams up dozens of US Navy flag moves
And what were the most popular topics viewed on The Academy’s web site during 2015? They are listed below, each hyper-linked to corresponding resources:
- Negotiating Rules (10 basic bargaining rules followed by win/win negotiators)
- Simplified Acquisition
- Bribery, Kickbacks (news of corruption in government contracting)
- Government Contracting News (the latest developments)
- Fair and Reasonable Pricing (an explanation of this government standard)
- Lowest Price Technically Acceptable
- Authority for Modifying a Contract
- GSA Schedule Workshop (consulting services to obtain a GSA Schedule contract)
- Reverse Auctions
- Bid Protests
- Acquisition Training
- Conflicts of Interest
- Cost Overruns
- Micro Purchases
- Acquisition Strategy (ideas for planning an acquisition)
The popularity of the Contracting Education Academy’s web site continues to grow. During 2015, more than 21,700 visitors consulted the Academy’s site 29,000 times — viewing 58,500 pages. Our visitors came from all 50 states and 138 countries.
Our recommendation for the New Year? Keep visiting The Academy’s web site for the very latest news and information on government contracting — there is new content posted every business day!